COLORING NORMAL HAIR
- TO DARKEN YOUR HAIR: just choose a color that’s darker than your natural hair color.
- TO LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR: (up to two tones): first apply COLOR ERBE hair lightener to your hair. After 3 or 4 days, you can color your hair with your chosen color. To lighten your hair by more than two tones, simply repeat the process.
TO COLOR DYED OR BLEACHED HAIR
Due to the previous treatments, these types of hair are more porous and so absorb color more rapidly. To prevent color variations, apply some of the mixture on your roots and wait for 20 to 30 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of the treatment, apply the remaining mixture into the rest of your hair and, wearing gloves, finish by massaging your hair to ensure complete coverage.
TO COLOR PERMANENTLY DYED HAIR
We recommend waiting 2 weeks before applying Color Erbe ®, making sure to choose a color one tone lighter than your desired color. First, apply part of the mixture to your roots and wait between 20 – 30 minutes. Then, apply the remainder of the mixture to the rest of your hair and wait for 10 minutes.
TO COLOR HENNA TREATED HAIR
In general, if your hair has not been colored with pure henna, there can be problems with other hair colors. This is because metal salts are often added to henna which result in unpredictable reactions and so strange colors with other dyes.
However, if you used pure henna, you can use our hair colors as normal. Bear in mind that your new color may be less intense as henna has a protective function.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF USE
PRECAUTIONS OF USE
Before coloring your hair, do a patch test.
THE PATCH TEST
Coloring your hair can give you an allergic reaction which, in rare cases, can be severe. To help prevent the risk of an allergic reaction, you must do a skin sensitivity test 48 hours before applying the product.
HOW TO DO THE PATCH TEST
Prepare a small sample of the coloring mixture by combining a teaspoon of COLOR ERBE ® COLORwith a teaspoon of COLOR ERBE ® DEVELOPER. Apply the mixture behind your ear or on the inside of your elbow. Allow to dry and wait at least 48 hours before washing. If you don’t have any adverse reactions (such as swelling, redness or itching) during this period, you can safely proceed to applying COLOR ERBE ®.
In most cases, apply the color to unwashed hair. If your hair if oily or contains dust or salt, it’s advisable to use a light shampoo (we recommend COLOR ERBE ® shampoo) but avoid washing your scalp. Dry your hair thoroughly.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF USE for applying hair color
- Avoid contact with your skin or eyes and do not use to color eyebrows or eyelashes.
- If the product comes into contact with your eyes, rinse immediately.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before rinsing your eyes with plenty of water.
- Wear the gloves provided in the box.
- Always rinse your hair after applying the hair color.
- Prepare and apply the mixture preferably in a well-ventilated place.
- Do not inhale or ingest.
- Do not use to color beards or mustaches or for any use other than coloring hair.
- Do not keep the coloring mixture.
- Open the bottles only on use.
- In case of partial use of the product, re-seal the bottles tightly.
- Store the product in a cool, dry place, away from light.
- Do not dilute or mix the contents of the bottles with other products or cosmetics.
- Clean everything that has been in contact with the color (brushes, bowls, measuring spoons).
- Keep out of reach of children. Do not use on children.
To get the best result, you need to mix the color and developer thoroughly in a bowl. The oxidation process starts at this stage.
Then, apply the color with a brush from the tips to the roots of your hair (in the opposite direction to your hair growth), so as to increase the uptake of the color in your hair. Pay attention to covering your roots to effectively cover regrowth.
Leave for at least 30 minutes. After rinsing out the color, use an AFTER COLOR SHAMPOO and always apply the CONDITIONER (contained in the box), using a light and regular massaging motion. This strengthens the hair, making it brighter and shinier and fixes the color by returning your hair and scalp the their natural pH. Depending on your hair type, you can rinse out the conditioner or leave it in.
Our hair color lines follow a herbal philosophy and so tone-on-tone colors are recommended.
1. If your hair contains 50% gray hair or more, we recommend the following method to obtain the best coverage, without losing color consistency in your chosen tone:
– FOR NATURAL COLORS (black – dark chestnut brown – chestnut brown – light chestnut brown – blond – light blond – extra light blond) we recommend using a darker color than the one you want (e.g. for chestnut brown hair, choose dark chestnut brown).
– FOR DIFFERENT TONES FROM NATURAL ONES we recommend using a darker color than the one you want, if it’s present on the color chart. Alternatively, you can apply about 10% of the color, before mixing it with the developer, directly to the the areas with the greatest number of gray hairs and leave for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the coloring mixture with the rest of the color and developer and then apply to all your hair.
2. If you want to change your hair color, choose you new tone in the following way:
– TO DARKEN YOUR HAIR, directly apply your chosen darker color.
– TO LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR, before coloring, apply COLOR ERBE SUPERLIGHTENER which will lighten your hair by 2 – 3 shades using a gentle oxygenating lightening action. The Superlightener may be applied gradually and repeatedly to lighten your hair by more than 2 – 3 shades. Your hair will become uniformly lighter with every application. Once you have reached your desired shade, you can apply your chosen color.
EQUIVALENCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL SCALE
- 0280 COLOR N. 01 – BLACK 1.0
- 0281 COLOR N. 02 – DARK CHESTNUT BROWN 3.0
- 0282 COLOR N. 03 – CHESTNUT BROWN 4.0
- 0283 COLOR N. 20 – LIGHT ASH CHESTNUT BROWN 5.01
- 0284 COLOR N. 04 – LIGHT CHESTNUT BROWN 5.0
- 0285 COLOR N. 21 – GOLDEN CHESTNUT BROWN 4.3
- 0286 COLOR N. 10 – LIGHT GOLDEN CHESTNUT BROWN 5.3
- 0287 COLOR N. 12 – COPPER CHESTNUT BROWN 4.4
- 0288 COLOR N. 05 – DARK BLOND 6.0
- 0289 COLOR N. 09 – ASH BLOND 7.01
- 0290 COLOR N. 08 – HONEY BLOND 8.31
- 0291 COLOR N. 06 – LIGHT BLOND 8.0
- 0292 COLOR N. 13 – GOLDEN COPPER BLOND 8.34
- 0293 COLOR N. 11 – LIGHT GOLDEN BLOND 8.3
- 0294 COLOR N. 22 – VERY LIGHT GOLDEN BLOND 9.3
- 0295 COLOR N. 19 – SUNSHINE BLOND 8.33
- 0296 COLOR N. 07 – VERY LIGHT BLOND 9.0
- 0297 COLOR N. 14 – COPPER BLOND 7.4
- 0299 COLOR N. 15 – MAHOGANY 4.5
- 0300 COLOR N. 16 – VENETIAN RED 5.56
- 0301 COLOR N. 24 – SUNSET RED 6.6
- 0304 COLOR N. 37 – SUPERLIGHTENER 11.0
- 0305 COLOR N. 25 – BLUE-BLACK 1.10
- 0306 COLOR N. 26 – DARK BROWN 2.0
- 0307 COLOR N. 27 – BLOND 7.0
- 0308 COLOR N. 28 – DARK COPPER BLOND 6.4
- 0311 COLOR N. 31 – MAHOGANY VIOLIN BROWN 4.52
- 0312 COLOR N. 32 – HENNA RED 7.66
- 0314 COLOR N. 34 – DARK CHESTNUT VIOLIN BROWN 4.2
- 0316 COLOR N. 36 – STRAWBERRY BLOND 7.6
EQUIVALENCE TO THE BIO-EXTRACTS INTERNATIONAL SCALE
- 0111 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 01 BLACK 1.0
- 0112 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 02 BLUE-BLACK 1.10
- 0113 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 03 DARK CHESTNUT BROWN 3.0
- 0114 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 04 CHESTNUT BROWN 4.0
- 0115 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 05 GOLDEN CHESTNUT BROWN 4.3
- 0116 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 06 BLUEBERRY 4.22
- 0117 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 07 MAHOGANY 4.5
- 0118 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 08 CHOCOLATE 5.31
- 0119 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 09 LIGHT CHESTNUT BROWN 5.0
- 0120 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 10 RED 5.6
- 0121 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 11 SANDY BLOND 6.31
- 0122 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 12 DARK COPPER 6.4
- 0123 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 13 BLOND 7.0
- 0124 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 14 NATURAL ASH BLOND 7.01
- 0125 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 15 GOLDEN BLOND 7.30
- 0126 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 16 LIGHT COPPER 7.4
- 0127 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 17 LIGHT RED 7.6
- 0128 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 18 LIGHT GOLDEN COPPER BLOND 8.43
- 0129 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 19 LIGHT IRIDESCENT MAHOGANY BLOND 8.52
- 0130 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 20 PLATINUM 10.21
- 0131 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 21 NATURAL SUPERLIGHTENER 11.0
- 0145 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 22 LIGHT ASH CHESTNUT BROWN 5.1
- 0146 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 23 DARK BLOND 6.0
- 0147 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 24 LIGHT GOLDEN CHESTNUT BROWN 5.3
- 0148 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 25 HONEY BLOND 8.31
- 0149 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 26 HAZELNUT BROWN 7.31
- 0150 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 27 SUNSHINE BLOND 8.33
- 0151 COLOR ERBE BIO EXTRACT N. 28 LIGHT BLOND 8.0